National PTA Teacher Appreciation Week is one of my favorite weeks of the year. It’s a time to celebrate teachers—like myself—for their hard work, dedication and commitment to our children and their success. Every day teachers touch the lives of millions of children and change them for the better. They are real life superheroes.
This year, we have joined forces with GoFundMe to give back to teachers and be a superhero for them. If you start a GoFundMe “Thank A Teacher” fundraising campaign by May 8, GoFundMe will make a matching donation of $100 to eligible campaigns that benefit teachers and students.
But it doesn’t stop there. You can celebrate and #ThankATeacher with some of these ideas:
- Check out our sample social media graphics in our event toolkit and upload this Facebook cover photo.
- Download cards to #ThankATeacher and print these thank you certificates.
- Find out what teacher superhero power you have in our Facebook quiz and share it, too!
- On Thursday, upload a #TBT of you and a special teacher in your life and thank them using the official hashtag #ThankATeacher.
- Don’t miss a blog post about teacher appreciation and more on the One Voice blog and PTAOurChildren.org.
- Watch our #ThankATeacher videos on YouTube and create your own video message.
With your help, this will be the best Teacher Appreciation Week! Enjoy this video with NEA’s President Lily Eskelsen García and myself.